View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road
Default Uropia (Dominons in "Europe")

This is my first go at mapping (well, the first time I've "finished" a map). I haven't done extensive play testing on this map yet, but am confident it's ready for a v0.9 release

This map vaguely resembles Northern and Mediterranean Europe, Western Asia, and North Africa, but everything is a mirror image and the details do not conform to true European geography. I was interested in the idea of having a map similar to that presented in "Medieval: Total War" where various kingdoms from the eleventh to fifteenth centuries vied for European dominance. With so many nations in Dominions that correspond to real historical states or at least the mythologies of certain regions in real history, this sort of map seemed natural.

Please check it out and play around with it. The "Europe" region of the map is LOADED with resources thanks to tons of forest, mountain, and border mountain terrain. "North Africa" is conversely quite barren and I had a good bit of trouble getting off the ground while playing as Abysia based near "Carthage". Let me know what you like and dislike (as well as what is broken or unbalanced) so I can make this map even better!

Zepath
Attached Files
File Type: zip 464358-dom3_map_uropia.zip (2.43 MB, 3985 views)

Last edited by lch; August 26th, 2008 at 07:55 AM..