View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2006, 03:45 AM

Private

GreenFrog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 10 questions from the devs.

1) What are your favorite features/items/etc. in the game?

I like the cloak best. Hyperdrive is clearly the best item, but having the cloak makes combat much more interesting, particularly when one's collected weapons and other items are not yet that great. I also like the Timeless Bauble as it allows one to fill in a missing item (like the cloak :-) I wish I could figure out how to magical word to make the Bauble give me a hyperdrive! All of the easter egg items are fun, it would jazz things up if most items had some use or purpose to be discovered.

2) What are your least favorite features/items/etc. in the game?

The Mantle of Babulon is way too nice. Once you get that the game becomes too easy (for pirate and frigate). The crystal fish is better -- applicable to only one species, instead of three. I would like more special quests than two -- how about another few please? Also, it is too easy to retreat - as long as you hit retreat within a second or two of combat you can escape, even if surrounded.

3) Which map size do you prefer?

Medium - a nice 15 min break from work, and not all items guaranteed to show up on every map.

4) Which player ship do you prefer?

Pirate - limited (but not too limited) weapons loadout keeps combat interesting, with decent cargo space.

5) Do you think the bosses (Kawangi, Primordius, Vent Mother, Deep Hunter, Garthan carrier) are too easy, too hard or just right?

All are good. Kawangi is really difficult, but that's okay, they are supposed to be the ultimate enemy.

6) When you play Weird Worlds do you "play it safe" or do you play risky?

Mostly safe, trying to be rational about choices and avoiding fights unless they are winnable.

7) When you play Weird Worlds, do you "roleplay" it?

Not really, mostly I play not so seriously.

8) Do you keep a Weird Worlds shortcut on your desktop?

Too dangerous. I play enough as it is!

9) Who is your favorite Weird Worlds character?

I rather like the Garthan who disses you before initiating compat. And the Tan'Ru intro is amusing.

10) Do you own/play Strange Adventures in Infinite Space?

No.

Cheers,
Green Frog