View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Private

Nukenin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 10 questions from the devs.

Quote:
Ripcord O'Reilly said:1) What are your favorite features/items/etc. in the game?
The Klakar with a good stock (esp. nebular ramjet/hyperdrive and PVC) in the first system I visit.

I also love the nebular plow, once I equipped it and, er, plowed through a nebula.

I was an early purchaser of the game (having been addicted to SAIS) but for some reason I didn't really dive into it until today, of all things. Who can play this for just a single 10 minute session?

Quote:
2) What are your least favorite features/items/etc. in the game?
Hyperdrive and PVC and other "top of the scale" items--simply because in their respective ways they can really shoot the score up, and they make what should be reasonable mid-range items feel useless.

Honestly, I'd love to see a simple system for handicapping oneself--the ability to remove (or render unusable) any item in the game with a pleasant interface by which to do it.

Or else, a method by which score can be adjusted based on the items that were equipped/used in the game... someone who manages to do well with just a basic hydrogen drive should perhaps get a bit of a nudge over the guy who bounced everywhere with his hyperdrive.

Quote:
3) Which map size do you prefer?
Small for rapid-fire replay, medium for a bit more meat, and large for all the bells and whistles. All sizes fit me.

Quote:
4) Which player ship do you prefer?
The pirate corvette for feeling closest to the original SAIS ship, but I do like the different gameplay focus you have with a different ship.

Quote:
5) Do you think the bosses (Kawangi, Primordius, Vent Mother, Deep Hunter, Garthan carrier) are too easy, too hard or just right?
Just right. No, too hard. Wait, too easy. Heh heh, like much in this game, it's the luck of the draw. It's always a good feeling when you've got just barely what you need to pull off a win over one of these.

Quote:
6) When you play Weird Worlds do you "play it safe" or do you play risky?
Yes.

Quote:
7) When you play Weird Worlds, do you "roleplay" it?
I don my captain's uniform, talk to my imaginary Scots engineer, talk in treknobabble... no, just what I normally do.

Quote:
8) Do you keep a Weird Worlds shortcut on your desktop?
No! Why are you hounding me! NO, I don't! What a terrib--er, terriFIC idea! I'll create seven!

Quote:
9) Who is your favorite Weird Worlds character?
The guys behind the game.

Quote:
10) Do you own/play Strange Adventures in Infinite Space?
I own it, and have played it much. But Weird Worlds has kinda replaced it for me.