Old January 18th, 2010, 10:14 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magic Items under CBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianduatha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
I've always thought tome of gaea should just be made into an exact copy of the blood stone in terms of reseach and path requirements. The nature boost is then just a replacement for the lost gem genning.

Bloodroot Manual or something as a name.
That's certainly the least disruptive option available, but on the other hand the only nations that don't go through crazy hoops to get bloodstones are the Pangaeas, LA Ulm and MA Abysia. Do we really want earth-heavy nations to keep on getting blood-4 on their pretender(or worse, setting up scout-provinces)? At least lower it to B2 or something to account for no longer having gem generation. E2B1 or E3B1 seems much more reasonable if you're not also getting infinite earth gems.
Vanheim/Helheim is able to get them via Vanadrotts. On the other hand, these later can't use boots...
Generally, an idea is about as sound as is possible under existing mod commands, I think.
Still, I don't see these 3 items as actually disruptive - and I see them being artifacts as effectively banned for they would be just useless as unique items - especially true for the Fetish.