View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new concept for MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhawk View Post
Can niefel and van/hel blood sacrifice? If not that would mean the heat nations would have a much easier time pushing their temperature dom onto the other team.

Also, keep in mind that Wolven Winter changes a targetted prov to cold but there is no spell that does the reverse for heat (tho there are globals for both).
yes both Vanheim and Helheim can blood sacrifice, but their hunters aren't really cost effective, but it still a very valid strategy for them. yes Wolven Winter is a bit problematic, but keep in mind that the cold global, Illwinter I assume, is Niefelheim only, which will be in the game but it's not as accessible as the general Second Sun global. however there are battlefield spells that cause both heat and cold, so I wouldn't worry about that too much, especially since on paper the Heat team has stronger nations than the Cold team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregstrom View Post
Van can certainly blood sac, and I'm not 100% sure but I think niefel can. Niefel and Aby both spread their temperature outside their dominion anyway, IIRC.

For that matter, Niefel and Van are competent blood nations so I'm not sure having Lanka and Mictlan on the same team would be that much of an issue.
yes Niefelheim can also blood sacrifice. yes Niefel and Van are competent blood nations, but you can't compare them to the real blood powers in Mictlan and Lanka. the later have very cheap and cost effective blood hunters, unique blood summons, etc. Niefel and Van rely on the standard blood goodies but with cheaper and less cost effective hunters(Skratti and Vans mainly) and neither have unique blood summons. also Mictlan and Lanka are very well off with just construction and blood researched, both Niefel and Van need the other research schools a lot more, so you can't just go all in blood with them...

so with both Mictlan and Lanka on the same team, the other team won't get a fair chance(if a chance at all) to go for the blood uniques(Ice and Arch Devils, Heliophagus, Demon Lords, etc). hence I think limiting it to just 1 pure blood power will be good enough, and give the other team a chance to at least get some of the blood uniques, especially if the Heat team gets Lanka instead of Mictlan, which will give them harder access to the standard blood uniques but give them Lanka unique summons.

the way I see it the Heat team is more like a slumbering giant that tries to brute force its way in while the Cold team is like a cluster grenade that explodes all over the place with flying Eagles(Caelum) and air drops(Cloud Trapezing Vanjarls and Teleporting Gygjas).