View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2020, 09:56 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C'mon guys let's be friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikkiwik View Post
Take snipers as an example, putting the changes I suggest into place would easily qualify as extreme, the sniper is the most powerful infantry unit, better than a HMG, everyone gets them now, but if they are removed from the countries that didnt have them then thats a big change and a big disadvantage for those countries.
Without wishing to get into a protracted argument - I don't think that a sniper is the most "powerful infantry unit". A HMG has greater range, a higher HE kill and area effect... A HMG team is also more robust (if a little easier to find) and capable of creating a "beaten zone". The sniper is a very rare asset and infrequently crops up in games where a semblance of historical force composition is used.

The way snipers work currently is perfectly fine within the concept of the GAME. Your 10 levels of sniper was an over complication (and many OoBs don't have the room!). You also don't seem to grasp the knock on effect of changing weapons and units to EVERY scenario and the enormous amount of work and checking that would entail.

Simply making your point by saying something like " I believe x can be better simulated by.." rather than " X is wrong" can go a long way...

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod