Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:05 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Draconian Mod Under construction

Quote:
Originally posted by Thilock_Dominus:
Like the Idea, Boron.

quote:
1 storm flying air dragon , 1 flying fire dragon , 1 not flying but tough earth dragon , 1 flying ice dragon
Do you mean Dragon or draconian? Wouldn't it be to overpowered to give draconian race fullblooded dragons?

Edit: updated the the mod banner

i don't know if it is possible with modding but i thought of giving these dragons to the draconian race as national nation specific spells with gemcost .
like the summon celestial soldiers spell from base tien chi .

if that is impossible then i share izaqyos
idea
i would make them then very expensive draconian units or better leaders . like the niefel jarls of jotunheim niefelheim but even more expensive :
500-1500 gold cost depending on their strengths .
what slots such dragons should have then is of course a problem . because a niefel jarl has all slots and for the dragons it's not thematic that they have arm + feet slots at least .

so if such a dragon costs then 1000 or 1500 gold he would need then superior stats to a jotunheim niefel jarl because consider the following scenario :
the dragon costs 1500 gold but no arm + feet slots .
so you fully euqip the missing slots .

the jotunplayer then fully euqips 3 jotun jarls with AN - weapons . with their high strength the jotun jarls will do at least 50 damage per hit

so my idea : give the dragons regeneration + very high hp ( 500-1000 ) . but no arm , feet and armor slots . protection between 10-25 .

this way they still can be swarmed by hordes of fodder and get damaged but they will give them a good fight . the high gold costs are prohibitive .
you won't have more than 1-2 dragon in the first 20 turns .
1500 gold for a nonsacred unit is 100 upkeep !
furthermore the dragons need a mr of about 20 ( like a doom horror ) .
otherwise it would be too frustrating seeing them getting killed repeatedly by soul slaying rylheh/arco/pythium mages .

so the dragons will really be terrible enemies but you won't see more than 1-2 in the first 20-30 turns .

you could economically weaken the draconians a bit ( if it is possible by modding commands ) by not allowing them higher scales then :
order 0 productivity 0 .
that would be very thematic too . dragons have more important things to do then to care about economy

finally if you plan in future a second mod :
if adding a theme is possible you could add the following theme :
corrupted & broken draconian empire :
there an evil dracolich pretender has taken over the draconian empire . now all draconians became undead and demoniac spoiled by the evil aura of the dracolich pretender god .
now the elemental dragons from base draconian nation are replaced by undead dragon/draconians , undead draco lichs and demon dragons/draconians .
they focus on blood + death