Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:34 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Draconian Mod Under construction

lets just wait until the first beta comes out

after that i suggest you make a new thread where balance issues can be stated

Quote:
Originally posted by Endoperez :

Six randoms in four paths of magic? He ALWAYS has ATLEAST 2211, often three in one and you can reliably get 4 at mid- to late game. Also, you need maximum of 3 for elem. magic booster, and so can easily forge Staff of Elemental Masteries... And find all the elemental sites!
I have studied my Randoms -mathbook, and would post the spesific numbers if I were able to calculate them. No luck yet. However, 4 randoms would be much, and even 3 would fill the part you gave for them. Take a look at Arco Mystics.
6 randoms might be a bit high yeah . but if they have "only" access to elemental magic and are capitol only perhaps not too strong .

a "trick" to make you chose could be giving them really the 6 elemental randoms but only a base research of 1-2 .

so you have to chose whether you gamble for e.g. air 4 or you want research .

as soon as you find sages this is of course rather unimportant . but you can't 100% rely on sages .

but just lets see how the mod turns out in the beta Version . still strong looking forward to the first beta

if serious imbalances become obvious they still can be changed after the beta by e.g. reducing the randoms to 4 and giving 2 base paths e.g. EW .