View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:22 AM

Corporal

glaude1955 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIP Campaign "Kampfgruppe Weber"

A) Artillery and air: Do you think I need to tune this down a notch? Obviously the threat of Jabos and Allied artillery supremacy was a huge factor in Normandy and beyond, but gameplay wise these elements tend to be frustrating for the player on the receiving end.

No, I think that nothing should be changed (or perhaps increase a notch but we must consider the non-refit) because these threats were real at the time and were a nightmare for the German troops. It's frustrating to lose units of artillery or air attacks, but this is the reality. Maybe he should add a scenario delay or defense (rather delay to avoid retrenchments) under the blows of a carpet of bombs previous significant enemy deployment.
What is unfortunate is that Winspww2 does not mix the infantry and condemns the player to keep several invalid units that cannot move and do not have much more fighting power.

Non, je pense qu'il ne faut rien changer (ou peut-être augmenter d'un cran mais il faut penser au non refit) car ces menaces étaient bien réelles à l'époque et représentaient un véritable cauchemar pour les troupes allemandes. C'est frustrant de perdre des unités sur des tirs d'artillerie ou des attaques aériennes mais c'est la réalité. Peut-être faut il ajouter un scénario de retardement ou défense (plutôt retardement pour éviter les retranchements) sous les coups d'un tapis de bombes précédant un important déploiement ennemi.
Ce qui est dommage, c'est que Winspww2 ne permet pas de mixer les unités d'infanterie et condamne le joueur à garder plusieurs unités d'invalides qui ne peuvent plus bouger et ne possèdent plus beaucoup de pouvoir combatif.

B) Repair points: I am thinking about adding a few of those, mainly to repair damaged tanks and refit infantry groups. Something along the lines of 50 points across the whole campaign. It wouldn't allow the player to buy new tanks, but to repair some damage.

I asked a few months ago the possibility in Long campaigns to limit the refit a number of points rather than a percentage.
I often started a campaign with a mechanized infantry company supported by a tank platoon and a section of tank. To this I added a section of motorcyclists, an artillery observer and a section of 81mm mortars.
But by enjoying the many points refit (fatal gluttony), I bought new units and I often finishing with a workforce of close battalion.
One can imagine, in fact, a moral charter where each player would commit to only complete infantry units or repair some armor (Definig the maximum number of damage). But it will adjust the charter based on the duration of the campaign and especially the number of days between each battle.
In the campaign "Kampfgruppe Weber," I think that the German troops would not have enough time to repair tanks. Wounded men can be treated and thus return to combat.
What a pity that the effect of refueling is not simulated dansWinspww2.

J'avais demandé il y a quelques mois la possibilité dans les Longues Campagnes de pouvoir limiter les refit à un certain nombre de points plutôt qu'un pourcentage.
Je commençais souvent une campagne avec une compagnie d'infanterie mécanisée supportée par une section de chars ainsi qu'une section d'antichars. A cela j'ajoutais une section de motocyclistes, un observateur d'artillerie et une section de mortiers de 81.
Mais à force de profiter des nombreux points de refit(gourmandise fatale), j'achetais de nouvelles unités et je finissais souvent avec un effectif proche du bataillon.
On peut imaginer en effet une chartre morale où chaque joueur s'engagerait à ne compléter que des unités d'infanterie ou à réparer certains blindés (nombre de dommages maximum à définir). Mais il faudra ajuster cette chartre en fonction de la durée de la campagne et surtout en fonction du nombre de jours qui séparent chaque bataille.
Dans la campagne "Kampfgruppe Weber", je pense que les troupes allemandes n'ont pas le temps suffisant pour réparer des blindés. Des hommes blessés peuvent être soignés et revenir de ce fait au combat.
Quel dommage que l'effet du ravitaillement d'essence ne soit pas simulé dansWinspww2.

C) The mission where you take out the Priest battery: I am not sure of this one, my gut feeling is that it doesn't really "fit" with the rest of the missions. Quite frankly it was a last minute addition. Originally I wanted to do a mission where you sneak through american lines at night, but it never worked as well as I wanted and felt gimicky. So what are your thoughts on that one?

This mission did not shock me, it is in my opinion plausible.
As shown in A), we could add another "mission" delay or defense (rather delayed to avoid retrenchments) under the blows of a carpet bomb preceding an important enemy deployment.

Cette mission ne m'a pas choqué, elle est à mon avis plausible. Comme indiqué en A), on pourrait ajouter une autre "mission "de retardement ou de défense (plutôt retardement pour éviter les retranchements) sous les coups d'un tapis de bombes précédant un important déploiement ennemi.

D) BTW the heli casualty probably was a scout plane.

Yes, I have not spoken but it is indeed a reconnaissance aircraft shot down.
My air defense did not have much success

Oui, je n'en ai pas parlé mais il s'agit bien d'un avion de reconnaissance abattu.
Ma défense aérienne n'a pas eu beaucoup de réussite

Yves