View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:29 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (5/13 remaining)

Yes it's finished after two years!

All the while, I had Wraithlord pegged as Tien Chi. The fight against Mockingbird was really tense for many many turns

This is a brief summary as far as I can remember, and may not be entirely accurate as some of it was 2 years ago!

When I designed Ulm, I went for late game advantage by choosing order, growth, productivity and luck scales. I chose an imprisoned moderate astral oracle. It was quite a risky and non conventional build for late Ulm, but I was hoping that the buffs from the lesser holy war mod would synergize with Ulm's low magic resistance. It didn't, although I might have forgotten a some fights against indies that were helped by divine armaments.

I had middle of the pack early expansion against indies. Sometime around turn 30, my first test arrived when Atlantis rushed Abysia, conquered their capital, and became my neighbor, and at that time arguably the leading nation. I knew I didn't have much time to act before Atlantis solidifies his power, so I attacked with the majority of my troops after spying that Atlantian troops stationed at the Abysian capital was manageable. I was successful, my rangers worked well against shieldless Atlantians, and I used communions and blood burst.

Around the same time, R'lyeh mounted an attack on Atlantis itself so I was able to consolidate my gains.