View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2016, 03:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Leo2A4 destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
Will the list of "experience/morale to change" be published before the release to possibly discuss it?

Yes, I may have some question regarding some countries.

As of Turkish military power, we should probably ask Greeks and Armenian first who know and fear their possible power. Yet, I somehow believe that Turkish capacity is judged after their fine appearance in Cypriot War of 1974. But we must remember Cypriot military back then was not best either: old equipment, lack of funds to finance organization and training, not to mention internal terrorism problem etc.

Beating Cyprus quickly was not that hard really. Similar story with Iraq. As far as I heard from veterans, Iraqis were feared and treated at equal enemy in 1991. Their quick colapse was a shock for many.
I won't get into details about the military operations in Cyprus, but the whole situation during July-August 1974 was less of a fine demonstration by the Turks and more of a case of "the one who did the least mistakes won".

And there's no comparison with ODS. For one, the Cypriot National Guard did not fall that quickly, or in a bloodless matter.