View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2020, 08:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AI Air Strikes awfully good

I assume you mean the RoundHammer campaign. "Round Up" is a weed killer.

Go to the Game guide "Frequently Asked Questions" subsection ( the second item on the left list ) and look for "My aircraft seem useless, and cannot hit things with guns/rockets."

You don't specify a particular scenario in the campaign but the campaign runs July-Aug 1943 but generally for that time period German Pilot EXP and MOR will generally be a bit higher making them more effective and the AI is much more aware of visibility/smoke/dust etc than most human players are and that can make a big difference in how well an airstrike goes. That and any flak encountered also effects how things are resolved.

Airstrikes for both the human player and AI will pick out targets of opportunity so in the case of " I just moved into that position when it was nowhere near there the previous turn" the AI may have already plotted an attack close by but your units that you just moved in are a more tempting target and that can make the AI seem to have magical abilities it just does not have

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: