View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2020, 05:52 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

I would recommend keeping them separate. A couple of the sources are indicating that the ARJUN Mk-1 will be upgraded to the ARJUN Mk-1A standard during depot over haul as funds become available.

And there are a couple of issues with the ARJUN Mk-2 besides the outstanding "mystery" improvements NOT made on the ARJUN Mk-1A. I don't know how you shed just over 3 tons of weight on the chassis and maintain its overall strength to mount the same body onto it.

Unless they've developed a stronger steel composite we don't know about, it's very possible we could see a "smaller" MBT. As an example just because the Japanese TYPE 10 is a small tank doesn't mean I want to fight against it.

I can quite honestly see the ARJUN Mk-2 "dovetail" right into the LONG hoped for FMBT Program India has wanted, where the ARJUN Mk-2 will become the prototype MBT for that project.

ARJUN was always meant to get them to FMBT. The local political situation and finances have driven them to the ARJUN Mk-1A whether it takes them to the ARJUN Mk-2 is still up in the air, given India's history dealing with these tanks.

Remember it took them 30yrs. just to get them to the ARJUN (Prototype) and about another 3-5 years before we had the ARJUN Mk-1.

It would be more expediate in the mid term and financially sound, to just upgrade the ARJUN Mk-1 to the Mk-1A standard.

We don't need to follow India as much as we need to follow Pakistan. Why?

Remember I posted this within the last couple of years, the Ukraine and Pakistan have already signed the papers to in a sense
co-develop the OPLOT-P. That will drive India's ARJUN/FMBT issue more then the rest of it in my opinion.

Can you just edit the pictures since they'll be B&W anyway? Don't know never tried any of that myself.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 17th, 2020 at 08:07 PM..