View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:43 AM

Private

tokiedian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPWW2: Japanese localization project

Thank you very much for your kindness in teaching me, but the Japanized game guide requires to replace original English sentences with Japanese ones, so I need ways of editing pdf text directly or converting it into office word text and re-converting the edited one into pdf text. However, I'm not able to convert the pdf game guide Mr.Cross converted into correct office word text.
And…I have three section I can't understand.

From "Game Play Note"
Also, bar the Russians who tended to advance a complete company in a single line, platoons would tend to advance either '1 up' or '2 up' in UK parlance, though 2 up is normally kept for the assault.

I can't understand "'1 up' or '2 up' in UK parlance" so I can't understand the whole of the section. What does it mean?

From "Unit Info Screen"
Inf Command
A reflection of how good this leader is at infantry related tasks.

If he is performing an infantry function, or is near a subordinate he can sometimes influence their or his actions depending on this value. If he successfully throws a 'skill roll' and has a higher value in some skill than the subordinate then the subordinate will use his higher value for that skill.

The other skills, armour, artillery etc, work in a similar fashion. Therefore, having skilled leaders very close by (within 3 to 5 hexes or so) is good in SP series games.

Low here, this guy is a tanker! (Note, in a mixed formation, if the leader is a tanker and the majority of the subordinates are infantry, he will not be able to help them much).

Art Command
How good this leader is at artillery related tasks, such as directing fires from a remote battery. A key variable for calling fires, naturally better for proper artillery units, or for artillery OP units. Again low as he is a tanker by trade.
Arm Command
This is high, as he is a armoured unit commander.

In this section, "tanker" seems not a ordinary tank driver but a incompetent guy to me. What does tanker mean?

From "Unit Info Screen"
Air unit height is shown for planes, you alter altitude for these items on this screen, for on map air units (helicopters) Changing altitude costs MP, so you may not have enough to climb.

I can understand the section saying roughly. However, I can't see relations between its sentences or phrases. Please rewrite it easier to understand with conjuntions or other words.

Would you mind telling me about these things?