View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPWW2: Japanese localization project

As silly as it may sound, Adobe Acrobat doesn't really do any acrobatic maneuvers when it comes to editing PDF files. Yes, the irony of Adobe products.

If you want to do extensive editing for any PDF files, you have to use either Adobe Illustrator, or, Adobe Dreamweaver.

Illustrator is perfect for editing an "as-is" PDF file, i.e, you don't have access to the source files (source files are usually a Microsoft Word or HTML files). Dreamweaver, on the other hand, is perfect in this case because we have access to the actual source file (an HTML SP Game Guide). Unfortunately, because I haven't installed a single SP game in my brand new machine, I wasn't able to have my hands dirty on the HTML Game Guide.

Tokiedan, check this sample PDF file I created using Adobe Illustrator!
(Without the source file, it is a MUCH harder work. You have to edit every single line of text and extend the table format to accomodate Japanese texts. Hopefully, I can install SP tomorrow or the day after, and after that it will be a piece of cake to replace English texts with Japanese ones.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Binder1.zip (619.8 KB, 203 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to RightDeve For This Useful Post: