View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM

Sergeant

Devnullicus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Space Empires V Editor 1.4 Released

Quote:
Imperator Fyron said:
Devnullicus said:
If you want graphs without ads, you must purchase your own licensed version, but the trial version included here will work.

That's rather disconcerting...
Well, I had 2 choices:
1) use the trial version with ads and get things up and running within a day (which is about how long it took)
2) create my own graphs. Originally, I was going to do exactly that and I have a DirectX9 version that mostly works. But it wasn't quite working correctly and it would have taken more time than I wanted to spend to get a graph that was only mediocre anyway.

So, after dinking around for a bit with option 2, I decided to go with option 1 and get a very nice graphing system at the small cost of some ads in the graph itself.

If you're worried about spyware, etc, I can tell you that the installer doesn't do ANYTHING special for the library. All I do is put the dll into the editor's directory - there's no extra registry settings or .NET install stuff I do for the DLL.

As far as I can tell, and also after some long discussions with the graph library's author, there is nothing funky about the dll - no spyware, etc. It's just a normal DLL