View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game Suggestions

Quote:
Saxon said:
I half expected a response to mod the game and appreciate that it is an option. However, as I only have the demo, I can not mod. Also, I must admit that I am a loath to pay for a game which I know I am going to have to “fix” to enjoy.
Actually you can mod that in the demo. There's a whole lot you can tinker with in the demo, where it cuts off is you can't download someone else's mod and apply it. There may be something else, but Scott Wakeling would have to discuss it since it's his demo.

Before tinkering with the .cfg files just rename the one you're going to modify first. I just usually add 'OLD' to the end. Then open it up in Notepad, modify, and 'Save As'. When you do that make sure you save it as the original name, and make sure that you also add .cfg to the end (don't save it as a .txt file, but as any file). Restart the demo and your modification will be in place.

Try it and see how it is then. If the fuel management ish was your only complaint hopefully you'll find it more enjoyable. Another suggestion is check back in a couple of months and see what other people have done with it. Maybe then you'll see a mod or two that intrigues you, and you won't have to worry about tinkering with it since someone has already done it for you.

While we're of course sorry to hear that it may not be the game you're looking for, thanks for checking out the demo! That's why we put them out. A lot better than forcing people to blindly purchase a game to find out whether they like it or not.