View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road
Default Rohan! version 1.02 (New Content, few bug fixes)

ver 1.02

Been playing a lot of Middle Earth 3rd Age for Medieval 2 Total War, so I have tweaked this mod a bit to reflect some of the things I liked from that mod.

-Tweaked magic paths on Advisor

-Tweaked magic paths on Wise Woman

-Added Axeman

-Added Helminga (Capital Only)

-Fixed lingering issue with militia missing helmet, not sure how that escaped me.

-Riders of Rohan no longer have bows

-Added Skirmisher

-Linux Compatible (Casing)

ver 1.01 (hotfix)

-Weapon/armor bugs as a result of uploading incorrect version of the mod fixed.

-Typos in a few descriptions fixed

-All units who had "Light Lance" weapon now have "Lance" weapon. This fixes an issue where lances are considered ordinary weapons and not one time use weapons that receive charge bonuses.

-Precision on all mounted units except for priestess reduced to 9 or 8 depending on the training of the unit. This makes their archery capabilities on par with other mounted units in the game.

-King of Rohan now only has Castle Defense 25 instead of 32 which was an erroneous number due to the game reading the mod file wrong or not accepting a high value.

ver 1.00
Attached, is the first version of Rohan, an EA nation based on the nation of the same name from Lord of the Rings. I having taken care to keep the nation as close to the books/movies as possible, with very few liberties taken for balance purposes.

All the graphics are custom graphics I did by editing existing ingame graphics. I am very proud of the artwork I was able to do for this mod and the way it plays.

This nation is fairly balanced, a real powerhouse in the early game, but it's power wanes in the mid to late game. The AI plays this nation exceptionally well because the nation more or less is very straight forward.

Here is a list of the Pros and Cons of the nation

Pros:
Phenomenal Cavalry
Units rarely rout
Great protection
Mobility
Special starting commander

Cons:
Lacks high powered mages
Units are very resource intensive
Best units and mage are capital only
Average MR becomes an issue in the mid to late game

---------------------------------------------------

I love playing this nation while listening to the Rohan theme from Lord of the Rings. It is very fun to build massive amounts of Cavalry then charge into battle scattering the enemy. The fact that the King of Rohan starts off as a special commander that cannot be recruited if he falls in battle gives the unit more personality, I was actually sad when he accidentally stumbled upon Ink Pot End during one of my games, watching him gain afflictions over the months, who was going to be his heir?

I hope you guys have as much fun with this mod as I do. Feel free to bump the age of this mod to MA or LA as you prefer, All my nations are EA because normally I play all my custom nations in my single player games.

I look forward to any feedback you may have to offer
Attached Files
File Type: zip rohan.zip (143.7 KB, 921 views)

Last edited by Foodstamp; May 22nd, 2010 at 10:05 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foodstamp For This Useful Post: