Thread: AAR Not so welcome
View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2020, 04:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Not so welcome

Description

In this battle, the British 12th Armored Brigade defends against a Russian heavy brigade, which is rumored to be equipped with the latest addition to the Russian arsenal: the dreaded Armata tank. In addition to that, the British defense is made more complicated by the fact that several German forces have turned sides and are fighting against the Brits (former East Germans? I’m surprised the German intelligence hasn’t found out about them. *sigh* the Germans aren’t what they used to be anymore...).

The main objective is to prevent the Russians from using the main road to further exploit their success and capture the important city of Bremen. British forces have to defend this piece of land at all costs.

Deployment

The map of the battle area is below. The pink areas represent the (approximate area of) objectives. These are the towns of Karlshofen and Barkhausen, the town of Glinstent (which is occupied by the rebel Germans) and the roads leading to Lilliental and Bremen.

The British force is composed of:

1)The HQ of the 12th Armored Brigade.
2) An AT company that screens the brigade.
3)The Recce of the Tank Regiment
4-to-6) The 3 squadrons of the Royal Tank Regiment
7) The Recce of the Welsh Regiment’s battalion
8-to-10) The 3 companies of the Welsh Regiment. The battalion is deployed on the south side of the battlefield and one of its initial objectives is to neutralize the threat at Glinstedt.
11) Support elements of the battalion. The SP mortar section as well as the Pioneer platoon are visible on the map, although the AT elements (Javelin teams) are attached to several of the rifle platoons.
12)Recce of Mercian regiment’s battalion
13-to-15) The 3 companies of the Mercian regiment’s battalion. The battalion is mostly protecting the northern side of the battlefield.
16) The support company of Mercian battalion. Again, SP mortars and engineers only, the Javelin teams are with the riflemen.
17) A Stormer SAM platoon. They are the sole AA protection for the Brigade.

The British force seems very strong in the Recon and AT department, as well as in the heavily armored Challengers. What I find worrisome is the weakness in artillery, however I hope the air force assets that I have will prove enough to compensate. Several Apache helos are also inbound as reinforcements.

My plan is generally just defense, with the exception of the attack towards Glinstent. If I get pressed hard enough, the flanks will retreat towards the rear. I hope that I can channel the Russian forces inside a killzone where the tanks at AT weaponry of the northern and the southern wing can score a lot of kills.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: