View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:40 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Post 1.06 Patch Bug List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWAR View Post
Just a little detail on the AI.

With units like planes and tanks,....units that are able to move more than 1 teritory, its very common to fight in more than one territory. For example with a tank I will move into an enemy territory with my first move,...fight, and after I win, move it its second movent point into another enemy controlled territory and fight there as well. Planes are able to do this 4 times in a turn. BUT the AI will never fight in more than one territory no matter how many movement points its units have remaining. This is HUGE issue for he AI since it allows players to expand at more than twice the rate of the AI players.

The AI is horrible at overall strategy. It consistently leaves territories underdefended, it never accounts for the neutral territories to use their position on the map as a buffer/border againts other players. It seem completley clueless when naval forces are concerned.

Basically the AI needs work at every level.
That's a thing they could fix by only allowing one combat per unit per turn, but that would cause problems for aircraft because they'd lose all their movement points after fighting. If it's too difficult for Malf to improve the AI itself they really could just try to change the game rules so that the AI fares better, and then improve the AI itself (someone already suggested that in this forum, it's not my idea). Although I'd like to see the AI cope with the present rules. But one of these two things needs to be tweaked, either AI or rules. The game just needs to be a greater challenge. It's boring to win each game against the AI.

Last edited by spillblood; April 1st, 2011 at 04:51 AM..