View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2002, 09:41 PM

Private

Pak40 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Three Questions for Mike

quote:
Originally posted by JDC:
Given accoustics and the general tension of a firefight, I'm not sure how accurate the first indication would be. I think people hit the dirt and waited for another shot before they had a good idea of the general direction.

I think you're correct for some situations. A lone sniper shot would be hard to detect distance and direction. A machine gun would be much easier to detect. Maybe the first one or two shots would be extremely hard to detect the direction, but as more shots come in it will be easier to tell. If muzzle flashes are seen by surving members of your squad, then it will be very easy to detect the direction that the shots are coming from. The more members of your squad that see the muzzle flash, the more accurate the enemy shots will be located.

But every soldier should be able to tell the GENERAL direction (left, right, front, behind)from where a shot or shots came from. In 101, the player has absolutly no clue where the shots are coming from unless he sees the enemy unit that fires, which is rarely the case in a night battle.