Thread: MOD: Zulu
View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:24 AM

Corporal

RedRover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MOD: Zulu

KO: Thank you for the kind words. I will certainly carry this mod as far as I can under Dom 2, and will revisit it again once Dom 3 is out.

I should mention that if you put the Titanic and my graphic skills into a thimble and shook it, it would rattle. I would really like to hook up with someone who likes doing unit TGAs and could do justice to the Zultus.

(When I was over at the CivFanatic page/Civ3 a while back, I found a very interesting Skaven mod under development, which is being driven by graphic-making gamers. Great stuff--should be done by the end of this year.)

I'm still working on the unit data page. I slacked off over the weekend and went to a movie, Chicken Little--lol! I am currently juggling three Dom 2 projects, but I'll try to get the unit info up this week.

Ironhawk: My guess is that the flavor of mindlessness is somewhat akin to that displayed by zombies in the recent crop of movies. Not too bright, and can be controlled or trained in a limited fashion, but push them too far and you can get a revolt. One reason fantasy necromancy-based societies fall is that the leaders get too overconfident about the degree of their control. Even supposedly controlled undead traditionally retain a certain lizard-brain function that can resent and hate at a very basic level. You usually don't see it in an army level game, but it's there, in the history and in the fantasy traditions.

(I recommend the works of Clark Ashton Smith--Zothique, if you can find it, see here. If you want a real life look at zombies, find The Serpent and the Rainbow by Wade Davis.)