Thread: Mod Game Master
View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:29 AM

Corporal

vladikus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game Master

Alright, I just thought of something that fixes some of the encountered problems. First of all, thanks to Ironhawk for helping me sort out my problems adding units. You can simply add implementers (unit #2996) to the province that the GM will start out in. Add a ton of them because they will be used to research, summon, wish, and cast Gift of Reason. You'll quickly get all the spells you need and have plenty open for summoning.

Here is a little example of adding the unit to a map:
#specstart [GM nation] [the province nbr you made off of the map]

#setland [GM starting province nbr]
#owner [GM nation, remember early 94, middle 93, late 92]
#commander 2996
#commander 2996
#commander 2996
... and so on many times.

For all the math people out there (and GMs), to reach level 8 in any magic path requires 2820 rp. Since the implementer and GM have maxed out research points at 74, this means it will take 39 units researching to complete one path of magic. This means after 8 turns of full researching you will have every spell researched and priests available to cast them. So you might want to add more than 39 units. This does clutter up the capital quite a bit, but these units can do much besides research and in this sense they will always be valuable. If you really felt the need to have all spells by the first turn, then you'd need, oh, only about 312 units, but why you would need all spells maxed out in the beginning of the game, I don't know. I don't think research should cause much of a problem though.

As for the gate stone and that problem, I forgot all about the ability to empower troops so that they have some magic. Once they have this ability, any of them can cast the send troops spell, so teleporting should not be a problem with any commander at all. This really fixes all the problems except for getting a wide variety of units easier (without having to wish up a million troops).

You will have summons from researching so much and can easy wish for commanders. As for regiments of troops, I'm not entirely sure. I'll put my brain to it, but otherwise I believe this mod has the capacity to give the GM enough power to control a game.

Game Master Mod

Last edited by vladikus; July 26th, 2009 at 12:49 AM..