Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: AI Air Strikes awfully good

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmiller View Post
...while I can normally only afford to buy 2 or 4 planes that often completely miss their target is ridiculous.
You can easily edit - a matter of seconds really - the aux build points and number of air strikes available to the US player if you go into the Edit Campaign function and select Roundhammer.
Funny you should mention this. I am currently looking at the early campaigns in both games for purchase and support point issues the very early one were bought and assigned build and/ or support point allotments based on the early cost calculations we used and in some cases that has changed and in some cases significantly. Each campaign and each scenario in the campaign needs to be checked and that is "oh so much fun". I did find though that some may have already been adjusted. Stalingrad factories core points alloted let you buy what was suggested and there is no way the original gave that many points as at that time the German infantry was 2.5 x cheaper than it is now so each one needs looking at and I'm going to aim for one per day.

However, that does not change the fact the air in roundhammer worked as I expected it would and that has nothing to do with the points but the number of points allotted *may* need to be adjusted upward but I won't know that until I can look at the entire thing in it's totality.

That said what you suggested was exactly what Dick Burleigh wrote in the Iwo Jima Campaign intro.---------

Quote:
I strongly encourage all players to get into the Campaign Editor and edit this and other campaigns to their own liking. Take a look at the simple instructions for the User Campaign Editor in the WinSPww2 Game Guide. Editing the campaign build and support points, node sequence and final victory conditions is much easier than it looks. Add a few more battles or replace existing ones with those that you like better

so if anyone has played any of the early ones and thought they were unbalanced let me know and I will look into them

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....