View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

The restriction on editing is likely to cause many problems. In particular in the Dominions 3 forum (which is the only one I frequent):

- The mod list is maintained by a non-moderator. Since he will no longer be able to edit it it will quickly fall out of date.
- The strategy index is maintained by a non-moderator. Same problem.
- Any time a mod or map is updated, it's essential to update the first post with information on the latest version. Otherwise there will be much confusion.

These are two of the community's most valuable resources, to the extent that I would argue that breaking them would alone be an unacceptable cost as far as the Dominions forum is concerned.

Finally, as I believe you've already heard, the ability to edit the first post for an MP game is crucial to the way they're run.

I presume similar issues apply to the other forums.

I understand your concern about people being sneaky in changing what they said during arguments, and deleting helpful posts. While these issues are certainly regrettable, I would argue that they pale into insignificance compared to the usefulness of editing to a wide variety of community efforts.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs