Thread: Upgrade 1.20
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2015, 02:17 PM

Private

dari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrade 1.20

tried the cold water: 1.10 games will load with 1.20
my real question is do some/most/all new/changed 1.20 features work without a new game ?

And also some initial impressions (continuing my 1.10 normal perma-death game)

1. was able to promote my commanders beyond the old known limits.. ie field medic 4 - and other skills like party leader and efficient construction - crafting consultant up to 5 even the "only-one-level" skills could be upgraded

2. way more awesome: no more targeting through walls !

3. deep diving in caves got a very nice and dangerous boost - no more instakilling rock collossi with my smg - and that stinger bee queen almost killed my 17K HP party

4. not all data entries got that thousand delimiter - only new created items get that "," in their text-data-field

5. sometimes in caves i lost several hundreds points of oxygen for no apparent reason (no unidentified artifacts - nor monsters) maybe thats the way the newly oxygen limit works

6. crafting got big nerf in few areas - was not able to produce even one special effect space suit out of 20 tries with base crafting skill of 457 - getting decent reactors was also impossible and stuff that uses supply now doesnt get extremely low supply usage anymore - at least i get way more easier longer jump ranges

very good job IBOL !
(btw what is the harder difficulty than HARD with permadeath on ?)
The Following User Says Thank You to dari For This Useful Post: