Thread: New
View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2005, 12:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New

SPider holes and bunkers are always a pain...a real pain. I agree. But historically they have to be included. They were there and to the grunts they were a lot of pain. I'm sure we don't hate them near as much as they did (and do).

My strategy to take them out (not always successful) is to suppress them if possible with fire from a distance. This allows me to move forward adjacent to the location.

This can be costly and must be done slowly with care.

Once there, the first attack is an automatic close assault. If it fails, the morale of the attacking unit jumps up. Try getting it under 10 by repeatedly hitting the "R" key.

Then attack again. If your morale is under 10, you'll get another close assault. Keep doing it until you can't, then fire into it with what you have remaining.

I've found that after a turn or two I can usually make the crew abandon or take it out.

It should be noticed that I cut the armor protection of the spider holes down to make them easier to kill. That should make that arduous task a tad easier.

Thanks for the reports on the easy one. Now I'm looking forward to some AARs on the harder version. This one will take some doing but it can be done.

I've not played your campaign yet, Mike, but I've looked at it. I think you have a winnner here. Nice to see a new campaign for the Windows version. Well done!

WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer