Thread: My Two Cents
View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:10 AM

Private

alejes02 is on a distinguished road
Smile My Two Cents

I know that these message boards have been active with a lot of questions lately. I'd just like to take a moment to put everything in perspective--to get past the "why'd you do this," and "this must be a bug" routine it seems to have slipped into. Sometimes we wargamers can be a demanding lot--we dont' take time to smell the roses. Well, I've been wargaming for a long time--since 1973 as a matter of fact. I've learned over the years that the difference between a good and a great game lies in the ability of the designer to evoke two emotions--tension and uncertainty. This game brings out both in me--I whince when I see Japanese dive bombers head for my carriers and curse at myself when one more base falls to the SNLF while my carriers are off "Doolittling" the Home Islands instead of defending their own. This game is a gem; a fascinating, accessible simulation of the Great Pacific War and I thank the designer for his efforts. I'm about to boot up my 12th game, and may I say, I'm having a blast!