View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2003, 06:06 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi there; your happy moderator/designer here..

Thanks, SunDevil for giving Nanotech a try! Nah, your post wasn't rude at all, I always value comments, sometimes even if they're critical. Makes a designer better...sometimes.

I always thought Nanotech was one of my best overall designs, even if it kinda flopped commercially when I sold it by itself (probably because it was quite hard to get started, and I do admit it didn't have enough documentation really, even with the readme file included).

Your suggestions are all good for the most part. Here's some answers to your questions:

E. Bytes are for definately more than selling. Using the Mainframe feature when you have enough bytes built up, you can access special features and favors (including healing up your HQ points, recruiting gang members for free, and other stuff) and paying bytes for them instead of money. You just need to set a gang member to Explore mode (usually use an pretty weak, expendable one for that).

A. I thought of adding this, but thought it might be imbalancing later in the game when you may have more money. The police in this game are seen as an "evil entity" that you just have to live with.

B. Good suggestion.

Thanks for playing Nanotech and appreciating it. I dunno, I might go back to it for a retooled sequel at some point (though I hope it would get a better reception here than it got when I sold it).

To ALL: Anyone else like Nanotech and think with some work and tweaks, that you would buy it? Feel free to chime in with your opinion!

SunDevil: Also, thanks for trying out Trader 2 as well. Make sure you glance at the patch info as well, it makes a lot of fairly big changes that aren't represented in the demo.

Look forward to hearing more from you, SunDevil!