View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:19 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LA Tien Chi: Strategy for the Battle Mage Nati

Dedas and C, thanks for the comments, I never noticed the N staved off old age and should definitely talk about remote assassination, which also includes Mind Hunt.

I will update the guide later.

Zenzei, I went with a dormant Cyclops E9 bless – no other magic. Synergizes nicely with your mages already respectable armor, and the reinvigoration is key to getting the most use out of your mages in long battles. I never really missed Fire magic – I had some Enchantresses who could forge Rune Smashers which are great to use in conjunction with Disintegrate, Charm and Enslave. I did slightly miss Blood magic in the endgame where spamming Doom Horrors and Disease Demons are cost-effective tactics but you can get Blood magic through Tarts or Enslaving then Gift of Reasoning your foes. I think forgetting about Blood and Fire though is not a significant sacrifice given TC’s complete versatility everywhere else, and the fact you can protect yourself from fire with Army of Gold – an Earth spell and your mobile horsemen can quickly recapture lands taken by Doom Horrors as well as protect almost 100% against Disease Demons.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.