Old July 21st, 2004, 06:59 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gem use question.

Quote:
Originally posted by Borg:
Thanks for some excellent replies guys.

1) How does one perform "communion" ?
You need Communion Masters and Communion Slaves.

Communion Master can be cast by an astral mage after the necessary research is done (Thaumaturgy, IIRC), or it can be auto-cast by an astral/earth crystal matrix.

Communion Slave can be cast by an atral mage after said research, or it can be auto-cast by a slave matrix, or it can be auto-cast by Pythium's Theurg Communicants.

Quote:

I haven't had that yet.
50 Gems for a lvl of Magic , Jeez, how can you afford that ?
Depends on magic gem availability. Don't do it often, unless you've got a hefty surplus and nobody to use it with (possible, as magic sites can give gems from outside the site's path, and blood slave harvesting can be done even by non-blood mages albeit it's inefficient).

It's saner for some than others. Blood slaves, for instance, can be gained in quantity once the machine's up and running. Death, if you have a nice surplus, can be exploited fairly readily because death allows a cheap booster (at level 2), a moderate one (at level 3), and lots of chain-summoning possible (revenants, spectres, mound fiends, demilichs).

Quote:

2) A Global Enchantment has been cast in my current game. Something about an oak tree.
What effect does this have on my dominion and what can you do about it ?
How do you "dispel" a global enchantment ?
Mother Oak. +20 nature gems a turn for the caster, IIRC.
Research Enchantment 5, get a good astral mage to disepl it. Or dispel it by killing the caster. Or force a dispel by casting global after global.

Quote:

3) How does Flying work on the battle map?
I noticed a Flyer had 7 action points but it still crossed the entire field in one turn.So I reckon flying costs only 1 action point, or what ?
Flight lets you reach any point on the battlefield , unless there's a storm going on (some fliers can fly in storms, 'tho). Nice, but it's easy to die this way. They can also leave the battlefield instantaneously if forced to flee.