View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:09 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Script and campaign scenery / Alternate histor

Yes all of these are great ideas,

but before forgeting them you should go to the mission types and put them there!!!

Also helicopters, as evacuation method can be used in a dramatic mission where the core force will have to cross the jungle in order to reach the LZ and then secure that area from incoming NVA patrols (many of them)...
Then at a given time the AUX helicopters will appear like reinforcements on FIX map hexes !!! (instead of AUX you put FIX before assigning the reinforcement.)
Now in order to make it more critical we can do the following thing:
All the VP flags of the mission are located in an isolated location (unreachable by terrain; can't walk there) and from the moment the helos will appear the player will have 3 turns to reach that VP locations...
What do we simulate this way???
If the player wishes to capture all VP locations he must load to each helicopter a unit (evacuation!!!) and then fly to that location (with the VP flags) and unload one helicopter in each VP flag...
If you combine all the data I gave you, you will notice that the player's units should actually go to that LZ (instead of hiding from the AI). Also, the time allowance to capture all VP flags force the player to load at least one unit to each helicopter (in order to unload at least one unit to each VP flag); since the remaining time is 3 turns, this mean 1 turn to load, one turn to move and unload... and one turn to...??? did I say 3 turns???
I meant 2... LOL

Gentlemen, we have many options and many possibilities to simulate anything!!!

Also don't forget that each one of you is carefully selected for his talents and the potentials of our group are remarkable!

cheers,
Pyros