View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

IronDuke99 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Preventing AI Suicide?

I have always found the AI is not too bad in dug in defence (other than random initial positioning that tends to be more or less pretty awful).

The AI is less good at delay scenarios and bloody awful at advances and attacks where it always does a Banzai charge and generally attacks with any armour long before any leg infantry can catch up.

I mostly do WWII British and Commonwealth v Germany, Japan and Italy or, occasionally, Germany v USSR in pretty big Brigade sized actions.

While in MBT I tend to mainly do Company - Battalion sized stuff.

Don't know if it just my wishful thinking but WWII German forces do seem a bit more likely to counter attack from defence (accurate enough).

I also find the AI is okay in, in defence, in MBT when the enemy is assorted terrorist-gurilla forces, less so if it is a well organised and properly trained force.

If I could change two things in this game it would be to improve random AI troop positioning in defence and stop attacking AI armour bombing along at max speed all or most of the time (in fact I actually think it would probably be better if all AI vehilcles were restricted to half speed or less).