View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Italy vs. GB - North Africa 6/40

Turn 19

Alpha is still getting shot at, but only by a couple of Matilda Is. The rest of the enemy units seem to have moved on, except for a nearby A10. He's not immobilized; he's just not moving. Not shooting either. It is in a ready status, so I don't know what is up with him.

Bugged as many units out of the artillery impact zone as possible. One of my tanks immobilized last turn got destroyed this turn. It leaves a bit of a hole for the enemy to go through, but they have to get past their own artillery as well. Not an easy task. It has been hitting them, but not quite as hard as my troops. A platoon of Bravo troops, with one Alpha squad, are huddled behind a hill in front of the enemy tank cluster. My mortars continue to hit them. One Matilda II did break out of the group and is heading southwest. Nearby, I have another platoon from Bravo and five tanks sitting behind a hill. Two of my tanks took shots at the enemy tank, but it didn't fire back. The enemy fired a lot of smoke into the sector as well. This is good since my infantry was out. Blocked LOS helps me more than them right now.

Destroyed two Matilda Is in Charlie's sector. That should be all that is there for now. One of the Matildas in front of Delta took a long range shot, but missed. Charlie's right flank infantry popped smoke to block the LOS. For now, that problem is solved. A few enemy squads are trying to push forward. My tanks should put an end to that next turn.

Enemy still holding position in Delta's sector, about 250m out. I'm hitting them with what I can. There are two Matilda Is and a truck moving up. Mortar rounds hit the enemy tanks, again but no effect.

Two enemy Matilda Is were moving up through a pass east of the engineer's wadi, so I took some log range shots with an infantry gun. Splash hit the tanks and all of a sudden units were bailing off and dying. I have no clue how many I got there, but it was good. One Echo platoon is moving up into the gap between the wadi and Foxtrot's position. The rest are moving toward the Matildas in Delta's sector. My subborn support company HQ stood at point blank range trading fire with a Matilda II while getting shot at by infantry from the rear. The HQ is still there, but the Matilda bolted for the rear. Mortar fire hit the infantry east of the wadi, so things should quiet down some.

Foxtrot infantry still shifting around. A Matilda I close by was firing at them, so I moved my tanks up and finished that. There is another one out there somewhere. My armored cars are still taking long range shots at a truck, but it keeps on coming.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xM11/39 tank destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: 3xMatilda I tanks destroyed. Estimated 20 casualties.