View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2015, 10:07 AM

Private

cj95 is on a distinguished road
Default warhammer 40k - MBT?

A few days ago I inquired into the possibility for adding body armor to infantry.

In the interest of full disclosure the request was not so much for the application of Kevlar, but in the interest of developing a possible Warhammer 40k mod and the associated power armor gear common to Space Marines.

For the most part a mod should be a relatively straightforward conversion, especially where units like the Imperial Guard and such are involved.

Similarly most Space marine equipment should be easy to convert with walker type units such as dreadnoughts being classified as turreted vehicles

The power armor itself for the average trooper however is what is giving me fits.

I had hoped to boost the infantry armor to simulate its protective nature and thereafter just mod weapon stats as necessary, keeping the squad oriented nature of Space Marine troops.

At this point however I think the only option is to either completely remove Space Marines as troops, or alternately make each individual soldier a vehicle with its associated armor.

The problem with that is creating scenarios with a HUGE amount of troops to move around even considering the fact that Space Marines are never present in large numbers.

What do you guys think? Is there a third option, or workaround I'm not thinking of?

(I am aware of the recent Warhammer 40k:Armageddon game currently available, but I have been disappointed with the tactical possibilities and such and therefore want to run scenarios with the much more impressive SPMBT engine.)