View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:10 AM

Corporal

Firestorm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: creating a new, fictional oob

Wonder what became of Zocktan; he seemed to have a better grasp of what he was doing than I.

I'm trying to create Posleen o'olts as well. I don't think superheavy weapons like the SheVas or Lampreys can really be modeled in game and even mobile infantry are iffy, but that's okay with me as I have other intentions for what I'm doing. Still tweaking them, trying to make them slightly less invincible.

By my estimate, there was about a trillion Posleen sent to Earth in the novels, not including those born here but including those who died in orbit. They outnumbered us 166 to 1, and that's very hard to portray in the game; indeed, I would need to have an entire o'olt cost about 2.5 points to do it. Right now a single "section" of Posleen normals consists of 50 creatures and costs 2 points, as does a single godking/tenar. So they tend to outnumber a mid-level 2004 rifle company (437 points) by about 66 to 1. A single marksman costs 6 points. He's outnumbered 101 to 1. Point I'm trying to make is, they're already underrepresented and they're still almost unbeatable.

I'm using hovercraft to represent Godking tenars, and horse cavalry to represent Posleen. I'm also using ammo crates carried as passengers for their volatile power sources. Godkings can't dismount yet and I'm not sure I'll let them. I'll post specifics on weapons tomorrow.