View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2015, 01:20 PM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP:Civil War - 19th Century mod for WinSPWW2

Monty, thanks for your feedback, buddy. This mod was little more than a bit of sado-masochistic masturbation on my part. A lot of work, a lot of time, put into an unfeasible idea. But I enjoyed it. I didn't take it seriously, hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post
In the Shiloh scenario I noticed that one of the CS Corps commanders appears as an USAAF aircraft instead of as the appropriate mounted troop. The same can be said of the scenario Cross Keys where Jackson's HQ is depicted as a Jap bomber.
I noticed all this when I tested the download I posted, tried to amend it the best I could but I didn't catch most of it. I honestly got tired of messing with it. The only easy way I could have prevented it was to upload my entire game folder, since I haven't been having these issues. Oh well. Maybe one of these fine days I'll make more scenarios and issue a patch. There hasn't seemed to be much enthusiasm for it, so consequently, I lost much of my own.

Quote:
I also noticed that a portion of the Union force in the Shiloh scenario showed up much later - around turn 36/37 of 40 after much of the fighting was already over and that some of the Union artillery were off at the top left-hand corner of the map. Perhaps this is intentional?
Yes, this is intentional. It represents Lew Wallace's misguided division, and is mainly there for PBEM.

Quote:
The Fort Pulaski Scenario is over pretty quick as the Union shore batteries can deliver a well placed shot to the fort, which blows it sky high - armour value is set to 0 for the fort.
This was an experimental scenario, and I probably shouldn't have included it. I mainly wanted to test mortar and siege artillery values, but meh.

Quote:
These were my observations. Great work and great fun.

Thanks buddy!
Matt