View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Italy vs. GB - North Africa 6/40

Turn 25

Another round of artillery on Alpha. One of the enemy Matilda Is has left the sector, leaving one plus an A10 without the ability to engage infantry. I'll try to regroup and push back into the gully. There are still a couple of Alpha squads there, but most have routed out because of the artillery.

The Matilda II group broke up, with two retreating in different directions. I'm not sure where the third went. By my turn, one of the tanks was just buttoned, so I peppered it with small arms and moved two tanks up and capped it from behind. One more of those beasts gone. The other one that was retreating regained some morale and pushed into the smoke, coming nose to nose with one of my tanks. Mine fired and the enemy tank did nothing, so they are still sitting that way. On enemy infantry unit tried to push into the smoke, but Bravo and Charlie infantry have moved into and sent him packing very quickly.

Aside from the enemy infantry unit mentioned above, nothing going on. LOS blocked smoke. I'm still shifting Charlie north in the gully.

Delta is covering the flanks, while Echo and the engineers still tangle with the enemy tanks to their front or at least try to. Artillery still coming in and both sides are taking hits. One enemy Matilda II was immobilized and the crew bailed. He will NOT get back in! Two of my tanks pushed forward, after making sure a Matilda II to their front couldn't see them, and destroyed a Matilda I. Around the wadi, I pushed my infantry recklessly forward, because there was a vulnerable Matilda II. They traded fire with enemy infantry in a defile and Matilda Is north of the defile. They managed to soak off enough fire that two of my tanks were able to move up and dispatch the Matilda II. That leaves only one in the Delta/Echo/Foxtrot area and I know it is damaged. While all of this goes on, I see the occasional truck scoot forward and drop off more infantry. Not a mass of them mind you, just one here and there. Maybe they are trucks that I routed earlier and managed to recover before leaving the map.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: 2xMatilda II and 1xMatilda I tanks destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.