View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:10 PM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: \"Old Age\" system in Dom3 - need some info

Quote:
Agrajag said:
Abysia has easy access to Boots of Youth, and can forge blood boosters so that all of its old warlock can cast rejuvinate on themselves (by forging a few boosters and passing them around), so the only ones that are in some trouble are the Anathemat(sp?) Dragons.
This would make you invest quite a bit in blood, but I think its worth it.
Except that for one thing, Boots of Youth aren't available until Const-6 : an awful lot of mages can have gotten diseased, feebleminded, mute, and dead before then, and having to refrain from recruiting 4/5 of the national mages until then is crazy. For another thing, yes Abysia is a blood nation - but having to outfit 4/5 of their mages with an item that costs 10 blood slaves also sucks, considering that those slaves could've gone into summonings.

I mean, when even your _weakest_ mages start with old age, there's something wrong imo. Pretty damn hard to research to blood-6 or construction-6 when the mages you'd want to use as researchers are dying or getting feebleminded on you, _consistently_. Demonbreds are a little pricey for research use, _and_ they're capitol only.

So, the aging system has ensured that I will never _EVER_ play Abysia, and possibly other nations. Wonderful bloody mechanic.