Thread: Range doubling
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2020, 02:14 AM

BANNED USER

Kiwikkiwik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Range doubling

Hi Fastboat tough,
Fantastic post! I didn't quite understand all of it, but it was certainly exhilarating reading.

Mobhack you keep telling me to make my own mod, But that's not possible. Mobhack in this instance is not fit for purpose because you won't allow it to have the excell spreadsheet import function. It is clearly too much work to do it unit by unit.

Felix the Idea I have is to make the hex size 25m instead of 50m I think everyone agrees that this game would play better with 25m hexes

1. I don't see there is any need to keep the same map area?
What I'm saying is that you can make the game hexes 25m by doubling all the ranges, simple as that. If you double the ranges map area stays the same in Hexes (The same number of hexes). But becomes one quarter its current size in Kilometers (because the hexes are 25m instead of 50m). You don't have to touch the map to make the map hexes 25m.

2. No I don't just want twice the chance to hit, I would like 25m map hexes.
having 25m map hexes solves the mismatch between distance moved and ROF. That's a big deal.
This mismatch makes defence underrated. I have just listed fixing this discrepancy as an advantage to doubling ranges not because I myself want defense to be more deadly. But I would like it to match reality better which it would.

3. No, units would move at the same speed they do now, but doubling ranges makes turn length half, so they have only half the time to move at the same speed so they move for only half the time they had before. So sort of the same thing, but they still move the same amount of hexes per turn, and ROF per turn is also unchanged.