View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:57 PM

Private

lawrie5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unit Movement Keys?

Firstly I would argue that the numeric keys on the side of the keyboard would be suitable for movement, hex at a time.

Plus there is a key i think that allows for the player to select another unit in their force. So for example if you were moving 10 units to the right, moving one hex at a time. Well... on a keyboard you could just be hitting 6 and whatever key selects the next unit...

Or you can be dragging and clicking a mouse left to right. It's physically a lot more strain-ful to do so and it makes large scenarios a real drag i think when with keys it would be quite simple. For me personally I can only play for a while before simply put, my arm gets a bit sore :P

Maybe it's just me, but the same actions could be done with minimal physical strain on the keyboard.

lol just imagine how many users you could save from carpal tunnel syndrome when playing scenarios with more than 40 units lol

I mean seriously? Surely some of you agonise over having to click multiple infantry units... one hex forward... each and every turn. If they would at least go towards a clicked waypoint :P