View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

Wauthan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod: Blademaster Era

I've tried out your mod now UN. To be honest I'm not sure what to think of it. Your custom weapons are interesting.
Not very strong in suspending disbelief but interesting nonetheless. The trouble with fantastic weapons is that it's hard to make comparisons to RL weapons.

Armblades are way too effective due to the fact that one can use two of them at once. +6 defence is a bit over the top. Especially since there's no real downside to them. Put a +1 amibdexterity on this unit and add 3 base encumbrance. You get a good high damage unit that can tie up a lot of enemies but fatigues quickly. But why would a sword worn on your arm be a more defensive weapon? By looks alone it appears very very clumsy, though I guess that you could indeed put more weight into each stab (forget about cutting). Would make more sense to me to use this kind of weapon together with a shield. Seems very dangerous to have both your hands tied up like that.

The tripple katana is really wierd. I assume it would hurt a lot but with three blades would be very hard to pierce armor, and it would be way easier to parry. A katana would be exceptionally sharp but fragile so I assume there something more to it then two extra blades welded onto the same tang. Since it's basicly a huge claw it would benefit a lot from increased leverage. Perhaps you could remake it into some sort of polearm?

Turn the Wakashi and Flail into a single twohanded weapon. This weapon should be very effective since it can be used to disarm and confuse an opponent. I doubt it would function like a flail though (striking past a shield) but rather have a high attack value to symbolise the "lasso effect". This weapon would be hard to master so increase the gold cost of these units to reflect the training.

The Sunspear is fun. Sort of reminds me of a Spetum. Damage is way to high though. A Longspear is dam 4 and it would be way more balanced then this thing. It should be length 3 as well, possible even length 2 considering the way you must hold it. At the moment these guys go trough enemies like a hot knife trough butter, especially when teamed up with the armbladers.

The Chaos Shield is way out there. Sort of like cross between a spiked buckler and a chainsaw. With a W9 bless this guy can't be touched and drills trough everything. There's no reason to by anything but this unit since they tend to survive just about anything.

The Forge Magician has access to very good attack and defense magic. He's a thug right now and can quickly take on armies with just a few bodyguards. The forgebonus just adds insult to injury. He needs a handicap. Either make him old (with firemagic aging him quickly) or remove the forgebonus and the elite stats.

Just trying to give some constructive feedback.