View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,233 Times in 922 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Hello!
The Mission Statement:
I've discussed this and wanted to submit my next patch suggestions etc. on a separate thread because I've gone from maintaining 3 or 4 threads last year to 9 or 10 threads currently. By putting all this on one thread I hope to make it easier for those directly involved in putting together the patches only one place to look since, it turns out I will be providing information dealing with all threads started by me to date. I respectfully request of all others to please not too comment here, I will later cut and paste or copy these items into their appropriate threads for such purposes. Basic principles that will guide me through this process are as follows:

1. I will maintain the agreed upon format from last year for new equipment only, i.e. USA/1968/M551 Sheridan/C4/152mm (20Rs), MGM-51 Shillelagh (9), AA 12.7mm (1KRs) & 7.62mm (3KRs). Some older equipment that I think should be added due to earlier omissions will be in this format as well.

2. Due to the economic situation around the world, we've seen many significant modifications to existing equipment some of which will be designated as different models of existing tanks etc., so to save time I'll be using the following terms and will provide an example of one such.
A. As in the game. Simply this covers everything after the name as shown above. Any addition to this will be noted in bold.
B. Mod(s) needed per refs above existing NAME levels (For that countries unit). I'll provide quick notes and let the refs do the talking.
C.RESET. Is the same as a "zero mile" refit to an existing vehicle etc., where it's been completely stripped down to the hull then completely rebuilt, the Turkish/Israeli program to update 170 of Turkeys M60A1 tanks to the M60T is a prime example of this. An exception to this I have is the LEOPARD 2 A7+ which is being built new now with the previous version the LEOPARD 2 A6 to be brought to this standard as they go into major depot overhauls. To reflect the above:
INDIA/Jan 2012/ARJUN MKII/As in the game, ADD LAHAT x 10/Mods needed per refs above ARJUN levels.

3. ADD. As it says for new or revised equipment.

4. CHANGE. Primarily looking at date issues here as I've got several of these but can cross over to other areas based on "hard" refs.

5. DELETE. Never had it or got it due to financial or program delays/or cuts again supported by refs.

6. MOD. This is a very general area where a) A general name change for equipment w/explanation. b) I might not have enough or have less reliable refs. to support adding or changing equipment. c) As I'm not a technical expert in converting this info into game info, such as the USMC M60A1 RISE ERA the Icon shows the ERA wrapped around the turret and hull which is correct to the pictures online however, the "points" were only increased on the frontal turret "lobe" the rest has the same armor points as the non ERA protected version. I ask for your patience in these matters they'll be more in the vain of "curiosity" then "questioning" the information.

7. I will use previous posts to support the info as well such as APC Post #12 at the end of each item as needed.

8. If additional info is needed please ask for it such as MBT 1 or MBT 6 and what you require. I'll do my best to get what you need. And if anyone else has any issues please use the same format in the appropriate thread.

Well I was always taught to have a mission statement, it informs every one of your goals and focus and hopefully keeps you on track as well. I’ll do the best I can with what I have and hope I have not created extra work due to missing items while "combing" the game to avoid that issue. Please let me know if this is better for those involved, for everyone else thanks for your support and patience.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 25th, 2022 at 02:11 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: