View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2003, 04:53 AM

Private

it depends is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Fury Question, Ask Away

{/lurk}

I feel a little foolish, but I can't find the answer by searchin' , so here goes.

I am trying to find a planet say, right at the begining. It's pretty big, big enough to show up on the map, so I tried pointing my ship in the right direction, and right clicking, or using the target anything key, but I couldn't get it. As I drove closer, I could select it, and aim for it.

Ok, so now on my way back, I;m told to return to the space station.... hmmm, I thought it was around Freeport 5, wasn't it? Can't see it on the map, but I'll give it a shot...ah-ha thar' she blows.

So are these both because I have little to nothing in the way of sensor tech installed? I am happy with the second, assuming my sensors consists of a laser pointer and a telescope, and I can live with the first. It would be nice, if in the full game (or one of you wonderful, enterprising, underappreciated modders ) I could select well-known navigational points, like planets, from far away, so I could steer to them easy? Or maybe a little glowing line 'tween the rock and I, when the sector grid is active, to lead my way?

Apologies if this is an oft covered topic, and I must also bring up something I know has been often mentioned......great work, can't wait for the real game to ship out...end of sept still right?