View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2006, 07:12 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Weird World of Dom 3 (UnHuman Pretenders/Natio

I decided to resurrect this post just because I love Lovecraftian themes, not to mention Underdark/Myconid weirdness...I was just wondering, Nerfix, if you've done or have any plans to do a mod with your N'kai theme? If so, that's wonderful news. If not, I'd like to add it to a list of Lovecraftian mods I want to do, with your permission. They'll include your N'kai nation, atleast one Aboleth offshoot nation (Cthonids), possibly a nation based on the Gnome Kingdom in Eric Flint's Diamonds are Forever, the Great Old Ones (blood-magic crossbreeders in Early Age), possibly Star Vampires (flying etherial lifedraining immortals, just so vampires don't totally go down the toilet, and I've got some ideas about how to balance them out) and the Great Race of Yith (powerful time-traveling magic users in Late Era). I should be able to get all the specifics down for each nation this winter, maybe even before Christmas, but graphics ofcourse will probably take much longer. If it's an idea you're just going to toss, otherwise, would you mind if I had a go of using/tweaking/slicing-and-dicing it? Your ideas are great, and I'd rather ask permission than steal them, and I can promise that I'll do my best to keep it great.

P.S. If anyone wants to continue posting to this thread, please feel free, I hate to see it die ignominiously since it's purpose is promoting creativity. Yes, I know it's proper place is probably in the Dom 3 Mods forum, but I'd rather have it here where casual passers-by can enter their ideas too. Thanks.