View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2004, 07:20 AM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Love Concept, But have Issues

I have read your issues, and appreciate your suggestions. Some I will address, and some fall outside the focus of the game. To create a computer "AI" manager would require a lot of work and the game wasn't designed this way. The story is basically that the rest of the warriors in the league are regulated by the Kingdom itself, and you're the first "outsider" allowed to put warriors into the league.

To address your points by number:

1. Bear in mind injuries themselves don't reduce a player's stats permanently; just until they heal. Disease occasionally reduce stats permanently, but usually only a point or two.

2. When fatigue is placed into the game for the forthcoming patch, a small season fatigue modifier will also go into place for the other warriors in the league, to balance it out.

3. Gambling WILL be changed the way you suggested for the patch; i'm adding odds based on their season records and stats.

4. I agree, and in the patch after this one (2.0) I will be adding more detail about warriors so that you can better determine their strengths and weaknesses (such as Ratings for Clutch peformance, injury-proneness, etc).

5. Again, losses from injuries are not generally permanent, so you don't have to "build them back up". I tried to make training a natural, slow process (like real life), otherwise, magic and potions would lose their meaning if you could build up a guy too quickly.

You aren't "harping" at all! I'm listening, and probably plan on adding many of these things to the game.

Recovery time for injuries: probably a good idea, though not really "realistic". I tried to make it so that recovery time is variable and may change, so displaying it might make it too mechanical and not reliable data wise. I may add it anyway, though.

More stats: Definately! With this patch, all of the past champions will now be stored for display with their records that season, as well as the current season records to go along with the career records for warriors. A league "records" screen will be added too later.

Hope all of this sounds ok to you and makes you feel better!