Thread: AAR Balkans N. Africa Leg
View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default T20 Greeks are still at it

Well the big exitment is down by the BF especialy in the now small gap between it & the MF by the Bunker.
As well as the troops on the move it appears there are still quite a few dug in units. Yet more snipers HMGs & a few squads have made there presence felt, several men fell to this unexpected show of force. Armour in the area will hopefuly be able to help next turn but at present is pretty preoccupied with just staying alive, that bunker might well contain Gold Bullion or National Treasures the way they are supporting it.
The rest of the MF did not manage to mount an attack on the gun as the sniper has help & is proving an elusive SOB, finaly find him but he took a few good men with him.

At the Bullion Bunker & more so the BF Panzer crews are having a tense time holding back the surge. 6 squads ended there turn next to tanks & all rallied to pin status exept 1 who is ready to go, its getting a bit tense & shortage of transport is proving problematic. On that note with mainly truck transport exploiting crumbling forces becomes a slower or risky proposition as it only takes one shot quite often to cut the ride short.

MF> 3 squads & some armour are remaining in woods to protect flag there & can now give meagre support to the FOO if things get a bit heated.

TF> continues its onslaught & my snipers have taken over the driving seat taking the fight out of anyone they can see, progress is not quite as fast or devastating as last time but now only 2 guns remain & both have casulties, 2 vehicles are vulnerable if they retaliate. Enemy troops are mainly formed up along what one can only call a line of bunkers, 5 now remain & my troops have closed to within 100m from behind.
The woods here will soon ring to the sound of axes as hasty caskets are prepared for the dead & I wonder if undertakers give group rates, they are going to be busy.

AIT> Another of my mortars calls for ammo but resupply has arrived,
Greeks get a good hit with a battery but not sure where.
Another gun comes into play against the TF but his heart does not seem in it, all gun fire misses while tanks reign shells on them & the devastation continues.
Just checked FOO that had 24 units in sight now has 7 & we have discovered quite a few units since then, its becoming a massacre.

Unless somebody says otherwise going to give more sweeping reports & just cover the exiting bits in detail.
Brains overloading trying to remember what happened blow by blow & type at same time so think went a bit rubbish back there.
Sticking to a format like reporting casulties every turn does not help the creative process either, I ain't no writer.
If it all goes a bit naff again & it will say I will not take offence, honest.