View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:43 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vote option for multiplayer

Quote:
Cainehill said:
First : The "rumor" about Stardock and Masters of Magic is several years old.
I recall reading one of their recent interviews which stated that after two expansions of Gal_Civ_2 they have plans to develop a fantasy title. Now even if they decide not to do Masters of Magic it's still a fantasy title.

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Second : Essentially every game Brad and Stardock has done, aside from the GalCiv games, _has_ been multiplayer. GalCiv is not because the level of ... detail expected from a MP game renders it too complicated for current technology to implement a decent (ie, non-cheating) AI.

Wrong... the multiplayer option was pulled based on gamers which voted for ship customization over the multiplayer option. Multiplayer was considered for the game so much that the developers have posted an unofficial way to get a funky hotseat working.

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Third : MoM and GalCiv2 are in ... completely different realms of gaming (one, you're managing a global empire and economy - the other, you were managing individual cities, troops, etc) -- what possible connection is there between the two?
The point here is that the original GalCiv had no multiplayer which developed the majority of its fans for the sequel to be singleplayer gamers. If Stardock examines the original MoM they will see no multiplayer existed and may decide it's best to take the same path.

Quote:
Cainehill said:
It's extremely difficult to design a strategy game for good MP _and_ good SP gaming, ...
As I mentioned earlier the game ALREADY has a funky unofficial hotseat method working. I'm only saying it should be made available as an option for the gamers so they don't have to follow all the quirky steps to get it working.

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Trying to do both usually results in at least one of the two modes having major suckage, and often _both_ modes do.
I can list many games which are great both SP and MP... Heroes_3 for starters. Just because a task is more difficult doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Quote:
Cainehill said:
... why not just bloody wait for a vote on MoM2 instead of screwing up a vote for Galciv2 itself?

Everyone has their own opinion... mine and many others which have posted on the GalCiv2 forum have requested MP for the game. In my opinion and that of many others which posted on GalCiv2... MP would be a great feature.