View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2018, 08:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Heavy Transporter

Right now it's just a question to see if anyone does use them. I have no plans at this time to use them for anything else ......ATM....... but WW2 never used the class and right now I am in the middle of running tests as a "Utility Carrier" and then the bicycle units ( of which there are far more than many may think... ) could go back to normal infantry size and speed and this newly renamed class will become "Bicycles" ( or any other type of oddball utility vehicle if so desired )

EDIT....Testing has revealed some serious flaws in the idea and it may be dropped

It may seem odd thing to be doing but bike troops were always a kludge and a highly unsatisfactory one at that but were always WAY back on the list and every few years it's pointed out the way they were set up was never the best solution..... this goes a long way to making it better....but it has nothing to do with MBT at the moment. I just wanted to see if anyone did use them

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 20th, 2018 at 12:19 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: