Thread: Empires
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2007, 02:18 AM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Empires

2405.2 – This month the Senate authorizes the construction of 5 shuttles, 11 DSB, 1 Galaxy Class LC, and 6 Agamemnon Class DD’s. Colonization efforts continue and President Shang gears up for next years elections. Scheduling a private conference with Kana he gauges his current standing with the “Old Man of the Republic.”
Shang: “Good morning Kana, thank you for joining me for breakfast. So, how are things going in your ivory tower up there?”
Kana: “Fine sir, my staff and I have completed moving and have set up shop. We are now tying down the last lines of communication.”
Shang: “Excellent, I didn’t expect you to move from groundside, what caused the move anyway?”
Kana: “Let’s just say it was a move to a better defended vantage point.”
Shang: “Better what? I don’t follow you; Tal-Re is impervious to attack!”
Kana looking a little more cross: “President-Elect why have you called me here? This has nothing to do with the upcoming elections I hope? You may be my boss but I work for the Republic and the Senate that represents it; not your personal political agenda.”
Shang leans back in his chair takes a bite of food and chews longer than necessary before replying: “Kana let me explain a little something to you. I am not just the President your boss. I am your personal angel.” Shang leans forward putting his weight on the table: “You see Kana more than a few people would like nothing more than to see you put in charge of a broom closet. Me; I like you because I know what you stand for. As long as you play nice and work with me there will be no problems. However; should you step out of lines I can find you a nice desk job in a far off section of the Republic were no one will hear you screaming.”
Kana: “Are you threatening me Mr. President?”
Shang: “Never; I don’t threaten I make promises. It comes with the job you know. The people elect me therefore I am the Republic for which YOU stand!” replies Shang leaning back in his chair pointing at Kana’s chest.
Kana: “I could kill you right now, who would be screaming then?”
Shang: “Watch yourself Kana, you are playing with fire.”
Kana leans back in his chair and eyes Shang I could kill him before his guards make it in here. No he isn’t worth my job: “What do you want Shang?”
Shang: “You to make these eight appearances with me over the next six months” Shang reaches into a folder lying on the table and slides a sheet across to Kana. “Do me this favor and I will see to it that you get plenty of goodies to shoot the bad guys with.”
Kana: “Fine whatever, I do this and you get off my back deal?”
Shang: “Done, but there are two more things…”
Kana growing terse: “What?”
Shang: “First it’s not Shang its Mr. President; and second… pass the salt.”